OVERALL EFFECTIVENESS OF THE SCHOOL
St Gabriel’s is an outstanding Catholic School. Over the years it has established and maintained a reputation as a first class provider. The school’s commitment to excellence has been driven forward by the vision and commitment of the headteacher, senior leadership team and the governors. Outcomes are significantly above the national average and the school is well set to continue its impressive progress. The school’s accomplishments in all areas of provision have been achieved, whilst remaining faithful to its core mission as a Catholic institution. The hard work and endeavour of the school in bringing about excellent academic outcomes is matched by an authentic commitment to developing the spiritual and prayer life of the pupils and staff. This in turn serves to inspire and nurture the school’s commitment to charitable work in the local and wider community. The school makes a particular effort to help those in need and reach out to those on the margins of society. It is clear that pupils, staff and governors are united in a common purpose to achieve excellence in all areas and they are justifiably proud of all St Gabriel’s has achieved.
THE KEY STRENGTHS OF THE SCHOOL INCLUDE:
- The inspirational and visionary leadership provided by the headteacher, senior leadership team and the governors.
- Quality of teaching and learning in key stage 4 RE, leading to consistently outstanding outcomes at GCSE.
- The quality of relationships across the school, which demonstrates a profound commitment to the dignity and well-being of every individual within the community.
- The Catholic life of the school as a witnessing community, committed to the service of those in society most in need.
AGREED AREAS FOR DEVELOPMENT:
- Continue to seek new ways of engaging pupils in their local parish community.
- Appoint a new lay chaplain.
- Continue to develop the involvement of pupils in planning and leading worship activities in school.
[Section 48 Inspectors]